Awana will resume in September - check back
later this summer for our NEW day and time!
CLICK HERE to register your child for Awana
What is AWANA?
Awana stands for “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed" ( II Timothy 2:15)
Founded in 1950, The AWANA ministry is:
• An international , nondenominational Bible-centered children and youth ministry.
• Committed to the evangelism and discipleship of children and youth.
• Effective at getting the gospel into the homes of families.
• An outward-focused ministry that can revitalize a church..bringing revival, energy and growth.
• Dedicated to assisting the local church in training parents to fulfill their role as the spiritual leaders of their children.
• Focused on missions.
Our Awana clubs:
Cubbies: Age 3 years to start of Kindergarten
Sparks: Kindergarten thru Grade 2
Truth and Training: Grade 3 thru Grade 5
Our Awana Values:
We will glorify God and serve the body of Christ by committing ourselves to these values:
• We proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ with clarity and urgency.
• We commit to God’s Word as our guide and standard.
• We treat all people as created and loved by God.
• We maintain a servant heart in all we do.
• We manage God’s resources with faithfulness and integrity.
• We pursue excellence as unto the Lord.
The AWANA ministry embraces 5 principals:
1) AWANA is centered on the gospel.
2) Scripture memory is a key element.
3) AWANA is exciting and FUN!!
4) Children and youth are trained and encouraged to serve.
5) AWANA is built on volunteer leadership.
• Children are expected to be respectful of leaders, church property and of each other
• Children are required to wear the official AWANA uniform
• All children will earn points during weekly club participation that will be able to be exchanged for age-appropriate items in the AWANA store.
• TNT children will have options including the AWANA store to redeem their earned points.
• Children will earn patches or club specific rewards as they complete levels of their learning handbook.
• At the end of the AWANA year children will have an awards ceremony to recognize their achievements during the AWANA club year.
If you are interested in helping with AWANA in any way please contact the church office at 302-678-3130.